Next available dates for 2016:
February 8th 2016
March 6th and 7th 2016
April 3rd and 4th 2016
May 9th and 10th 2016
Our Barista skills is a mixture of theory and practice. It is quite relaxed yet very interactive. After some interesting theory, you will move onto the machines where you will perfect your coffee making skills under the supervision of our professional coffee master, Yuliyan.
This course offers a fantastic advantage for any of those looking for a job in the hospitality industry and any students planning on a summer J1 or weekend work. Also for anyone with a love for coffee who wants to learn more, this interesting and fun course is perfect for you.
Classes are kept to a limited size to ensure optimum learning standards.
- The history of coffee and coffee beans
- Setting up the grinder and using barista equipment
- Perfect coffee extraction
- Different coffee types
- Milk texturising techniques
- Make the perfect espresso
- Learn basic latte art
- Cleaning the coffee machine
- Storing coffee beans
- How temperature and humidity affect the grinder
We also provide :
- Some delicious tapas style food with glass of wine during the break
- Certificate of course completion
- Training materials for you to take home
- Jar of ORSO coffee to take home
18:30 – 22:30
The course takes place at ORSO Kitchen & Bar, 8 Pembroke Street, Cork City.
Book your place:
To book your spot/request further information please email us on barista[at]ORSO[dot]ie or via PM on our facebook page